With our state-of-the-art in-house metallurgy testing lab in Louisiana, Howard & Associates International, Inc. is able to provide a wide variety of quality metallurgical engineering services.
We have an in-house metallurgy lab where we perform metallurgical analysis and testing. Our lab includes a 35X - 2000X metallurgical microscope, stereo microscope, digital Brinellscope, and Struers automated micro preparation unit. Our hardness testing lab includes a microhardness tester, digital Rockwell hardness tester, and Brinell hardness tester. We utilize an off campus scanning electron microscope.
Examples of our services include:
• Failure Analysis
• Failure Prevention
• Forensic Metallurgy
• Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM Analysis)
• Tubular Internal Coating Analysis and Coating Specification Preparation
• Welding Metallurgical Analysis
• Analysis of Rubber Components
• Analysis of Plastic Components
• Corrosion Analysis
• Metallurgical Testing and Analysis of Materials
• Review of Welding Procedures
• Preparation of Production Metallography Samples
• Destructive Testing and Non-Destructive Testing
• Supervision of Full-Scale Fatigue Testing
We perform forensic investigations both on-site and in-house to determine root cause of failure for purpose of assisting with insurance claims and/or litigation including engineer expert witness for legal firms.